What is a WSC?
WSC stands for “Water Supply Corporation.” WSCs are non-profit, member-owned and member-controlled corporations.The operation of a WSC is the responsibility of its Board of Directors. Directors are elected by the corporation members.

How do I set up water service for my residence? 
First, check our Service Area map to ensure your property is located in our service area. Then, simply call our management company, PGMS, at (512) 894-3322, or toll free at (866) 643-3472, and let them know you need to set up service. Or fill out our Service Request Form.

What fees will I be asked to pay? 
A membership fee, an equity buy in fee, and if a tap and meter are not already in place, you will be asked to pay a tap fee. The tap fee generally includes the cost of labor and materials for installation and administrative costs. You may also be charged other fees, depending on the location of your property.

Do I have any other options for water service? 
You could pay a provider to drill your own well. Or, if there is another utility nearby, you could ask if it would be willing to serve your property. If it is willing and the WSC does not object, your property could be removed from the WSC’s certificated area and added to the other utility’s area. This requires approval from the Public Utility Commission.

My water bill is much higher this month than usual. What should I do?
A high water bill can result from using a lot of water, especially in the summer when lawns may be thirsty; or you might have a leaky toilet or faucet that’s difficult to detect. However, it can also result from an incorrect water meter reading. Sometimes numbers can be transposed or just be difficult to read. Just contact us and we’ll work with you to solve the problem.

What about water leaks?
If you see any water runoff in your yard or near the property line, this can result from a water pipe leak.

We are responsible for the repair and maintenance of the water mains, which carry huge amounts of water from our treatment works and storage reservoirs to your property.

The responsibility for maintaining and repairing water pipes that carry the water from our mains to your house is split between us and the home owner:

  • The pipe from the road to your property boundary (the ‘communication pipe’)
    This part of the pipe is our responsibility and runs from our water main to the boundary of your property. We are responsible for looking after this. If you see a leak on the pavement or in the road, please contact us.
  • The pipe from your property boundary into your home (the ‘supply pipe’)
    The water supply pipe is the pipe which brings water into your home from our meter in the street. You are responsible for the maintenance of this pipe.